bugs ou pas bugs

BOB depuis que le source est devenu public revient en force !

Topic author
Gaev
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

bugs ou pas bugs

Message par Gaev »

Après quelques missions, j'ai pour l'instant constaté trois choses étranges:

-quand je dis, par radio, "bandits" aux ailiers, ils me répondent tout le temps :"are you sur I can't see them" ou quelque chose d'approchant into pure Oxford English.
Alors que les bandits sont très près de nous??

-Lors de ma dernière mission dans "convois", j'ai descendu quatre "stukas" alignés comme des pipes de porcelaine dans le stand de tir d'une fête foraine. Ils ont à peine ébaucher une manoeuvre d'esquive en voyant passer mes projectiles près de leurs oreilles ou en encaissant les premiers impacts...?? Je suis étonné que des manoeuvres d'esquives ne soient pas configurées pour ces ju87...

-lors d'atterrissages peu académiques mais pas complètement crashés, le jeu m'indique vous êtes mort mais dans les stats du pilote indiquent par contre, disparu au combat (ce qui ne veut pas dire forcément mort) ou trou dans une aile....

quelqu'un a-t-il des éclaircissements. Merci
*NNGC1-Azdack

Bader
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Bader »

Hello Gaev,
I hope you will forgive my use of English. My French is poor these days..

Regarding this one:
" are you on I can' T see them"

I have some tips.

1) Ask your wingmen (Radio 3 2) "Where are they?" They will then tell you what they see. (Use F5 for this- Padlock Message Target)
2) If you are a leader, order your men to attack with "Attack My Target" (Radio 3 5).

I hope this helps. Apologies that I am using the wrong language here.

Topic author
Gaev
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Gaev »

Hello Bader
Thank you very much for your answer. By the way would you have any answer regardint both other questions. I mean
- In a "convoy" mission I was flying in the six of four stukas and shot down all of them without a stukas' attempt to avoid my bullets. I'm amazed to note that the game doesn't seem to have any configured avoid manoeuvres for the Ju87...
- If I missed my landing without being blown up, the game shows :"you are dead" but the pilots stats show for instance "missed in action" or "you got an hole in your wing". Is this a question of configuration or a game's bug?
Thanks again for your answer
Hope you'll understand my english too.
*NNGC1-Azdack

Bader
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Bader »

Your English is perfect :)

The report on crash is a long term issue, I'm afraid.

The JU87s certainly will evade, it very much depends on their skill. Perhaps you had a line of novices. You can check this if you turn on movecodes (Show_MoveCodes=ON)and pull up the aircraft labels (enable them in the Game settings screens and hit T in-game). This will tell you what skill they have. If they *never* evade, you may have a bug, so it would be a good thing to see if this is a repeatable event, or a one-off.
Thanks. Hope you enjoy BoBII.

Topic author
Gaev
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Gaev »

Hello Bader,

I'm afraid to note it is unfortunately a repeatable event.
Yesterday night I flew a mission from "convoy" on RAF side starting into the air with many bandits
low under my squad and myself. I dove on them : Bf109!!
I always fly with pulled up labels aircrafts.
I placed my spit in the six of about a flight of six bf109. They undoubtedly saw me I was so close.
Not a single one broke.
They kept on flying in a perfect formation. As I shot on one of them he finaly broke on its left wing
being damaged by my bullets but all others staid in formation.
I didn't follow the 109 diving and I staid with the other 109s flying among them totaly quiet just like
if I was one of them.
Not a single one tried to engage me. I repeat the same operation on
another 109-on his six-a burst of my machine gun fire-he broke on his left wing and dove.
And the other one kept on flying. Nothing to see with the reality of Battle of Britain - sure.
I don't understand. Pitty cause the game looks to be nice and it's fun to take off with the mouse to click on
fuel, magneto, and the button to start the engine.
Scramble!
*NNGC1-Azdack

Bader
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Bader »

Gaev,
The sighting code is complex. Sometimes funny things happen. If this is happening too often then I would suggest that you go to the bdg.txt file and look for two settings:
AI_Always_Sees_Enemy=OFF
Wingmen_Always_Sees_Enemy=OFF

Set these to ON. This should force the AI to see you all the time.

That said, there are accounts of aircraft being shot down without any awareness of their wingmen. It happened quite a lot. But it it bothers you, there is a setting you can change. Hope this helps.

Topic author
Gaev
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Gaev »

Thanks very much for your answers Bader but I note that time is missing to play either Il2 or Wings of Victory. I have to choose. Up yet I know much better Il21946 then WoV and regarding the free time I have to play a simulation PC game I'll keep on playing 1946 to come back to WoV some day for sure. Thanks again for your answers. Regards
*NNGC1-Azdack
Verrouillé

Revenir à « (BOB) Battle Of Britain »