Salle dédiée au simulateur de Lockheed Martin

Topic author
Pierre B
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Pilote Automatique Dirk Fassbender P3D

Message par Pierre B »

Hi,

I worked in Panther (Copter) simulator development with Prepar 3D (flight simulation software). I have installed the first version of Dirk Fassbender Autopilot and then the update. Everything was ok.
I can drive all the autopilot modes with the Autopilot module.

But now I want to stimulate Autopilot modes directly in P3D. I don’t know how this module works.

When I have downloaded the HC075DI_FSX_COUGAR_AUTOPILOT.zip I saw that inside there was a file called afcp.cfg. Inside this file there are the different codekeys to stimulate the different modes of Autopilot.

I have tried to manage the autopilot modes by the codekeys are in the afcp.cfg directly in P3D but there is no effect.

Somebody have an idea how to do ?

Best regards

Pierre B

jojo
Dieu vivant
Dieu vivant

Re: Pilote Automatique Dirk Fassbender P3D

Message par jojo »

Hi,

I used this excellent gauge in FSX. I don't have P3D, but I don't understand your problem.
You can use the gauge as a "pop up" window, or you can integrate it as a 2D gauge on a 3D panel. But it may be more challenging now since most aircrafts have full 3D cockpit and gauges.

What "Panther" are using ? Cerasim ?

You said it worked. So what are you trying to do ? To activate the AP with the AP buttons of the original Panther ?
Config: MSI Z270 GAMING M5/ I7 7700K + Water Cooling/ SSD 500Go/DDR4 4x16Go 3200Mhz/ MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x Plus 10Go
Virpil T50CM3 + WarBRD + TM Hornet/ MFG Crosswind/ HP Reverb G2

Photo aéro: Nikon D7000/ D500 + Sigma 150-600 F5-6.3
ma galerie: cliquez FLICKR / WARBIRDS

Topic author
Pierre B
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Pierre B »

Hi,
Thank you for you answer.
I don’t really have a problem with this gauge all the different modes of the autopilot were simulate.
No it’s a developper called Berjuu who have developt the free Panther simulator. But there is no development in flight dynamic for the Panther simulator. That’s why I have installed this gauge.
Yes I can use this gauge as a "pop up" window, or I can integrate it as a 2D gauge on a 3D panel and the mouse click on the differents virtual buttons activate the autopilot modes.
But like you say, at least I want to activate the AP with the AP buttons of the original Panther.
But for the moment I just want to stimulate the different autopilot modes with key board shortcuts.
So that’s why I search how this module worked, to find the way to activate the AP without the mouse clicks on this gauge.

jojo
Dieu vivant
Dieu vivant

Message par jojo »

Ok, I will have to re-read the manual then.
I used to have some keys on the joystick (like heading +/- or IAS +/-) like they do on the real helicopter.
But I can't remember from memory how I did it.
It's a great gauge but a little bit complicated to install.
Config: MSI Z270 GAMING M5/ I7 7700K + Water Cooling/ SSD 500Go/DDR4 4x16Go 3200Mhz/ MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x Plus 10Go
Virpil T50CM3 + WarBRD + TM Hornet/ MFG Crosswind/ HP Reverb G2

Photo aéro: Nikon D7000/ D500 + Sigma 150-600 F5-6.3
ma galerie: cliquez FLICKR / WARBIRDS

Topic author
Pierre B
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Pierre B »

Hi,

I had asked for your help in the realization of an automatic pilot (AP) of Panther on 3D Prepar, in particular for the integration of a panel of physical buttons.

I suceed to realize it finally by myself.

The problem which I had indicated, solved itself by the installation of an update of DIRK FASSBENDER'S AP which would have made it " potentially " compatible with P3D.

Then I parametrized and personalized the engagings of autopilot modes with hot keys in the hap.cfg file (placed on the folder of P3D).

There is a card called KeyCard of Opencockpit connected to the computer in USB. We can connect to this card physical buttons through an Input Card.

I was then able to configure sendings of codes keyboard with buttons press, which allow finally to engage and disengage these autopilot modes.

Best regards

Pierre B
Répondre

Revenir à « PREPAR3D »