Alleluia! Sonnez Le Tocsin!

Une valeur sure de la simulation warbird, incontournable !

Topic author
Alain-James
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Alleluia! Sonnez Le Tocsin!

Message par Alain-James »

Désolé Dumoulin, j'espère que tu me pardonneras ce topic alors qu'au final tu es sûrement celui qui mérite le plus de faire une annonce pareille. Mais là je pouvais plus me retenir après avoir lu le topic ;)
Et en plus, les niouzes fonctionnent pas là :( alors va pour le forum...

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb ... 1;t=029710
---------------------
Dear Nathan:

As a follow-up to our conversation and your August 10, 2005 email, I am writing on behalf of Atari Interactive, Inc. ("Atari Interactive") to confirm that Atari Interactive has no objection to your engaging in open dicussions with a group of individuals, to include Chris Coons, John Parquin, Will Gee and Nathan Medford, with respect to your development of the old source code related to the "European Air War" software game title.

I would like to thank you for your interest and passion for this game, and wish you the best for your forum and discussions.

Obviously, we are all acting in good faith and, as you know, Atari has to protect its rights.

So it is also understood that no such discussion shall pertain to, be directed at, or be in furtherance of any activity that seeks to, does or will exploit such code or game for any commercial or profitable purpose, that diminishes or dilutes the good will in or to such game and/or its trademark, or that otherwise disparages or casts a negative light on Atari Interactive, any of its affiliates, or their respective intellectual property rights or business activities.

Therefore, Atari Interactive reserves the right to revoke this consent via notice to you at any time if it believes that the above-referenced discussions are or become inconsistent with the foregoing conditions.

I am available for any further information.

Sincerely yours,

AND ENJOY EUROPEAN AIR WAR

Frederic Chesnais

Chief Executive Officer
Atari Interactive, Inc.
-------------------------------
Col. Gibbon
Member # 5325

posted August 11, 2005 18:44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK Guys!

Now the secret is out, everyone should be happy with our new situation.

That is after all the legal jargon, we can use the code to improve the game as we see fit, as long as no money is charged for our work. The code is and will continue to be owned by Atari/Infogrames, but our group has the permission to carry on improving the game, which is what we all wanted, isn't it? And the bonus of speaking freely to the old EAW hands is going to be a great help.

We all owe a great debt to Nate (Col. Landers}, who has been chipping away at Atari for the past year or so, but things took a turn for the unexpected two days ago, when Nate got an email from Chesnais Frederic, Chief Executive Officer, of Atari Interactive, Inc, asking him if he could phone Nate the nest day at 5pm. All the time Nate and myself have been in contact regarding how to handle this matter, and I wrote the email which went to the legal officer of Atari, which seems to have ended up in the phone call, and subsequent email.

This whole thing has been a tangled web of intrigue, but has born fruits beyond all expectations. I just hope we all have will and stamina to continue, what will be a long and difficult task to complete.

To be fair to Nate, this has been both a great, and terrible day, as both of us, have been conspiring together to get the permission, and when it came today, trying to find the best way of telling people has been truely difficult. I was hoping for a more leaked approach, but RAF Roy's comments blew that away. It was fun for the two of us to keep you all guessing!

Anyway were we go from here is up to us. So, lets try and keep up our normal way of doing things and co-operation, and I'm sure we will have a super flight sim, for all of use to be proud of.

:Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy:
C'est à vous réconcilier avec Atari. Vivement demain pour poster la news :sorcerer:

RAF_Dumoulin
Apprenti-Mécano
Apprenti-Mécano

Message par RAF_Dumoulin »

Hello Alain,

Mais pas du tout.....
C'est une nouvelle qui ne pouvait attendre.
En fait ..je me suis moi aussi retenu....héhé.Image..et on me dit impatient quand je joue en ligne...rechignant quand certains rejoignent mon jeu à la vitesse de la tortue....
Oui vraiment une grande nouvelle...
J'espàre juste que cette caverne d'Alibaba sera exploitée de la meilleur façon....
Car apres le choc...lol..doit venir le temps de l'analyse et comment organiser tout cela.....sinon..cela risque de déraper ou de faire long feu...

Military regards.Image
POUR EAW...UNE SEULE PAGE:
EAW Tally Ho

WIKI (Encyclopédie EAW)
My homepage

“The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first.”
Adolf Galland

“If you try this with a modern jet fighter it’s too late, you’re already dead.”
Dumoulin

jeanba
As du Manche
As du Manche

Message par jeanba »

Très bonne nouvelle !!!
ps : le tocsin, c'était en général pour les mauvaises nouvelles : décès, déclaration de guerre ;) ...
"Tu as peur, Boyington, tu refuses le combat" (Tomio Arachi).

Topic author
Alain-James
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Alain-James »

Benh oui Jeanba justement, moi je pensais à une alerte aérienne :prop:

Dumoulin, franchement, est-ce que tu doutes vraiment ou alors c'est juste pour la forme? ;)
Je pense pas qu'on soit excessivement confiants de s'en remettre à tous nos devs habituels - la news arrive à un moment où la communauté EAW a jamais été autant organisée d'après ce que j'en vois, à un moment où le code est justement à même d'être exploité au mieux.

Bon on croise les doigts :)

AJ

Vortex1
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par Vortex1 »

Excellente nouvelle. Eaw, le troisième vrai simu que j'ai eu après PAW et Flanker 1.0 et le premier avec un visuel acceptable :wub:

Je l'ai toujours installé dans un coin de mon dd et j'attends les développement avec impatience :yes:
Vortex

i7 4790, GF970, 16 Go ram, SSD
Cougar 00810 U2Nxt 082 + HS throttle kit, Simped F16/C, Track IR 4 Pro

Patryn
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Patryn »

on veut :

un moteur dx10
une campagne dynamique
une gestion du TIR et du VE
des lua pour lec cockpit builder
des shader 1.0
80 nouveaux avions
un code reseau stable a 20 sur le meme front sans chute de fps
et plein de skin 2048...

ah oui un loman pour EAW

voila...de la part d'un simeurs pas du tout exigent ....

:)

bonne nouvelle les gars , je connais pas EAW mais j'adore quand ATARI ( qui depuis quelques jours a l'air de lacher pas mal de lest...) fait des trucs comme ca...

le futur editeurs des sim a venir ? ?
Image Ze Dream

Vous aussi dites NON aux "lol" oraux !!! rejoignez nous ...le francais écrit a succombé ... mais nous pouvons encore sauver le francais oral......

RAF_Dumoulin
Apprenti-Mécano
Apprenti-Mécano

Message par RAF_Dumoulin »

Hello,
ah oui un loman pour EAW

Existe déjà (ou tout comme)

Voir OAW (manager pour EAW)

Military regards.Image
POUR EAW...UNE SEULE PAGE:
EAW Tally Ho

WIKI (Encyclopédie EAW)