Arras sector 1917

Rise of Flight :mods et Programmes communautaires

pafe
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Re: Arras sector 1917

Message par pafe »

Hi Lefuneste,
just to make clear, do you need to supress special places or is it OK to remove ALL trees?
If you want to remove all trees I can send you some files this evening I have to make, where you can start from.

lefuneste
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par lefuneste »

I
pafe a écrit : just to make clear, do you need to supress special places or is it OK to remove ALL trees?
Thanks for your answer.
I need to supress trees only for some special places: where they may create collision with planes making reverse landing or reverse takeoff.
It should be a last chance solution, if I can not change main landing/takeoff direction without problems.

pafe
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par pafe »

Ok,
then we have to alter the forest_cut.wtr file.

Go into the Missioneditor and load the map you want to do the testing. Go to "LocationDatabase" and open "forest_cut.ldf".
When done there should appear brushsymbols on the map, called "terrainleveler". You can see little rectangles which show now what area the trees get cut. Normally its around airbases to cut the tress which are in the way or invisible due to a substrates texture.

You can now easily copy a terrainleveler a creat a new one by Locations-> TerrainLeveler.
After that save the database with LocationDatabase->save as-> newname.ldf

Send me that ldf file and I compress the forest_cut.wtr from it.

lefuneste
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par lefuneste »

Thanks for the help.
At first I have to finish my program.
My target is to test ALL the airfields of the standard map (so I am making a program for that),
I hope to finish that for December. Then I will make the ldf file (if needed) and send it to you.

After that I could be able to publish
  • Your wtr file
  • A modified Base-no-trunc.group file including good MCU landing and takeoff points (standard and reverse) for all airfields, to help to build missions.
  • a csv file giving coordinates of working landing/takeoff points for all airfields.
And maybe we may have one day takeoff/landing according to wind in RoF.
Répondre

Revenir à « Mods et Programmes communautaires »